Recon Application

A place for potential cadets to submit their applications to the 51st Bisons! Thing you got the 'stuff' to be a true PVO pilot? Apply now!
Recon

Recon Application

Post by Recon » 14 Oct 2018 15:39

Callsign: Recon
Name: Steve
Flightsim experience: 15+ years
About yourself: Family man of 3 boys - 24, 12, 11. Involved in their basketball and I coach youth select AAU basketball. Worked at WPAFB. Love flight sims. I'm a long time WW2 flight sim pilot who is moving on to DCS and fighter jets. I see jets at WPAFB and it always inspires me to be a fighter pilot. I'm new to DCS, but enjoy learning as much as I can to get better - watching videos, recording my tacview flights offline to learn techniques. I've learned the systems, now I want to learn the strategies from good pilots. What makes flight sims online fun for me is I really like being a wingman. I value teamwork and want to learn from good pilots. I started with FC3 - F15/Su27. Recently bough the Hornet/PG combo, I've been learning the Hornet, practicing CASE I landings and flying online. I preordered the F14 as well. That all said, for me personally it's more about the team and squad - whatever they fly and whatever is needed to help the squadron is what I will fly.
Why should we accept you: I promise dedicated, teamwork and hard work. I am very teachable and a quick learner. You can count on me as your wingman. I'm newer and have much to learn, but you can trust that I will work hard at being the best wingman and fighter pilot as I can be.

I have talked to a few members, and was advised to hp on TS/discord - so I look forward to meeting and flying with you guys - and when you see me hop on you'll know more about me from this application.

(PS. Buckeye: I read your application and just wanted to say OH! Go Bucks!!! - I'm a lifelong Buckeye fan! Glad to see another Ohioan!!!)
Teknetinium
Major
Major

Re: Recon Application

Post by Teknetinium » 14 Oct 2018 16:16

Welcome Recon. Let me know when you are available for a BSE (basic skill evaluation flight).
Im usually available from 19:00z to 23:00z.
Teknetinium
Major
Major

Post by Teknetinium » 16 Oct 2018 22:16

51st Teamspeak:
IP: 96.43.128.170
Recon

Post by Recon » 18 Oct 2018 17:51

Might need to pass my Zulu conversion times test first :)

Most weeknights (usually 2-3 nights) ~0030z/0100 - 0400z (2030/2100 EST - 2400 EST) . Also I'm on during the weekends, times vary during the day, but most the time I am on the same evening time as weeknights on Saturday/Sunday.

I'll be available tonight